Hilary's Address:

Sister Hilary Worthen
Massachusetts Boston Mission
182 West Central Street
Suite #203
Natick, MA 01760

Sunday, March 16, 2008

We are teaching a wonderful family...

(transcribed from audiotape)

"After President Hinckley's funeral, Sister Duncan and I were tracting

and we started talking to some young girls on the street. They asked

what we do and we told them that we teach families about Jesus Christ.

They got excited and all said 'Come to my house, come to my house!'

One of the older girls wanted us to come over right then and when we

did we could hear her Mother say to her, 'I am not interested.' But the

youngest girl, Danielle Buckley, said 'Please come meet my Dad',

so we went to meet him but he wasn't home.

Danielle Buckley and me


Later in the week, Sister Duncan and I were having a companion planning

day. We needed to set our goal for how many people we would have

ready for baptism by 3/2. We weren't teaching any investigators at this

time. We prayed together and decided to put our hands behind our
backs and indicate a number and then bring them out in front at the
same time. We did this and we both had the number 2. We were so

excited that we got the same number that we were jumping up and
down and hugging. However, when we sat back down, Sister Duncan
said 'I really wanted to say 4 but I thought that was too many since we

aren't teaching anyone right now.' I said, me too, I really was thinking
4. So we prayed individually this time and we both felt like the number
of baptisms we would have by 3/2 was four.
A few days later we saw Danielle Buckley on the street

and she again invited us to her home to meet her Dad.

(letter 2/11)

His name is Sean Buckley and he is a single Dad with 6 kids. We invited them
to Church and they came. They LOVED church--they are all so sweet. The Dad
seems excited about the whole thing. We teach him tomorrow for the first time.

(audio tape)

Today we taught the Buckleys about tithing. I was very nervous about it
because they have a large family and things are tight for them.
But when we started talking about it, Sean said 'Tithing. That's one-tenth.
I would be happy to pay tithing because I think it shows Heavenly Father
that you really believe in Him.'
We were talking at District meeting that all people really know
the truth, and if they will listen to the Spirit, it will tell them
when truth is being retaught to them. Sean is really just being
reminded of the truths he already knows.

(letter 2/18) That family I told you about is getting baptized March 2nd.
I am so happy for them!
They are so humble!

(letter 2/27) Well I guess you already got the e-mail that I am being
transferred. I'm really sad because the Buckley's baptism is this
Sunday. We called them and they invited us over for good-byes.
Man it was hard! Sean hugged me when we came in and asked
if he could offer a prayer with us and his prayer was so sweet!
He simply thanked the Lord for sending Sister Duncan and I
to him and for preparing him to find the truth...

I just love that family so much!"

saying good-bye to the Buckleys


Dylan-11, Rachel-6, Danielle-9, Nick-5, Ryan-13, Hayley-5
with Sister Worthen and Sister Duncan

3/2/08 Sean, Ryan, Dylan, and Danielle Buckley at their

baptism--with Sister Duncan and Elders doing the baptisms

yes, that would be FOUR--

the same as Sisters Worthen and Duncan's GOAL!

(Thanks to Sister Duncan for sending the pictures
and for being a wonderful trainer/companion)

1 comment:

p-diddy said...

those people are really lukey because they get to hog OUR AUNT>NOT THEIRS this is not working out for us. we are not jelouse.
from:
paige and calee